Applications are open for the Global Counsel Social Impact Programme 2023. Now in its third year, the Global Counsel Social Impact Programme aims to support non-profit organisations, as well as small for-profits with strong values-based aims, with political and policy issues on a pro bono basis.
This is aimed at organisations that would not otherwise have access to Global Counsel’s services, especially those pursuing causes that the colleagues are passionate about. Successful applicants will be able to benefit from the skills and expertise through a tailored fixed-term consultancy engagement.
About Global Counsel
Global Counsel helps organisations in different sectors to understand how politics, policy and regulation affect them in practice. They enable their clients to respond to the challenges and opportunities that they face in these areas and to anticipate how they might change.
The Global Counsel team has experience in politics and policymaking in national governments and international institutions. With offices in Brussels, London, Singapore, Doha and Washington DC, they can advise on a wide range of topics across numerous geographies.
Global Counsel is flexible and will make an offer tailored to the successful applicant(s). As a starting point for the discussion, they could offer one of the following:
- A short report on a policy or political issue, for internal use e.g. in planning and decision-making.
- A short report on a policy or political issue, to be published externally e.g. for thought-leadership on an issue.
- Help you prepare and deliver an online event on a policy or political issue.
- Political strategy & advocacy planning, e.g. identifying key stakeholders for you to engage with on an issue and create an engagement strategy and narrative.
- Audience insights informed by quantitative and qualitative research methodologies – including in depth interviews, focus groups and polling.
- Not-for-profit organisations worldwide such as charities, NGOs, educational institutions, and foundations.
- Small for-profit organisations with strong values-based aims, such as social enterprises or small businesses with an emphasis on positively impacting society.
- Organisations registered with their respective regulator, where relevant.
- Organisations that would not otherwise have access to our services.
- Organisations with a policy or political challenge that we can help with.
Applications close at 6pm BST on Friday, April 28, 2023. Organisations that are successful in the first round will be invited to discuss in more depth how Global Counsel may be able to help them.