Deadline: February 28, 2023
Applications for the UFAW Animal Welfare Student Scholarships 2023 are now open. The Animal Welfare Student Scholarships enable students to develop their interests in animal welfare science.
Students are encouraged to carry out their own project (whether research or educational) with the aim of contributing to the growing knowledge of how best to assess, or improve, the welfare of animals – be they farm animals, animals in zoos, pets, animals used in scientific research, or those with which we interact in the wild.
Projects may be carried out anywhere in the world. If the location of the study is not at the university or institute where the student is enrolled, confirmation is needed from the study host.
- Student Scholarships consist of £250 per week subsistence allowance for the Scholar and £100 per week project expenses. Although typically completed during the July-September vacation, projects may be carried out at any time and usually last 4 to 8 weeks. Support is provided for up to 8 weeks up to a maximum of £2800, although projects themselves may be longer than this.
- Applications are welcome from undergraduate or MSc students who are interested in carrying out a project in animal welfare and who are studying at universities or colleges at which there is a Universities Federation of Animal Welfare (UFAW) Link.
- PhD students are not eligible to apply.
The application consists of three parts:
- An online form with contact information and a summary of the project
- A detailed project description (up to 3 pages)
- A CV for the student applying (1-2 pages)
When submitting the application (i.e., the online form, plus two documents to be sent in an email to [email protected]) copy in the main supervisor in the email, as they need a confirmation email from them that they are willing to take the student on.