Sappi Vacancy Application Details.
Sappi Southern Africa requires an Intern for Forest Nurseries. This intern will have the opportunity to grow and obtain the necessary skill, competencies and experience within the related field and will be required to support the business with different tasks and responsibilities during their contract period
This role will report to the Nurseries Manager: KZN.
The main responsibilities of the job are:
- Produce the required planting material as per the nursery production plan.
- Ensure that all tasks performed in the nursery comply with Sappi standards and requirements.
- Management of staff to attain production plan
- Arrange replenishment of consumables timeously.
- Monitor and adjust the fertilizer plan consistently to ensure growth is manipulated to meet customer s plant requirements, as per order
- Ensure that all staff, customers and visitors comply with Sappi safety standards.
- Be safety conscious at all times, stop any unsafe act/activity immediately.
- Report all incidents/accidents according to Sappi policy.
- Ensure timeous delivery of correct quality and quantity of plant material meeting Sappi PQI standards to its customers.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12/Matric qualification
- Relevant Horticulture / Agriculture or Forestry Diploma / Degree or related qualification
- Nurseries / Plant Propagation knowledge is essential
- No experience required
- Computer skills Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Driver’s license
Closing Date: 30 November 2021
At Sappi, we are vaccinated and expect all new employees to be vaccinated when joining our One Sappi family. Show us your support by submitting your vaccine card when applying for our vacancies.
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com.
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!