Deadline: January 27, 2023
Nominations are open for the Earthshot Prize Africa 2023. The Earthshot Prize, a global environmental prize to discover, accelerate, and scale ground-breaking solutions to repair and regenerate the planet, has begun its 2023 search for breakthrough solutions to solve the globe’s biggest environmental challenges.
MultiChoice, the official African broadcast partner and member of The Earthshot Prize Global Alliance, is issuing a call for entries from African organizations, businesses, governments, and individuals who are doing scalable and impactful work in this capacity.
Potential nominees can enter into any of the five categories of the Earthshot Prize, including:
- Protect and Restore Nature
- Clean our Air
- Revive our Oceans
- Build a Waste-Free World
- Fix our Climate.
- The Prize is awarded annually to five winners, each receiving a US$1.2 million/ R20 million (£1 million) prize grant to scale their projects.
- Open to innovators in Africa.
- You must have a solution or solutions that will repair our planet this decade.
- The Earthshot Prize will consider solutions which make tangible progress towards one of the five Earthshots. They should be beyond idea stage, have tested their solution in-field or with target audiences, and are at a ‘tipping point’ for scaling their impact within the next five years.
For more information, visit Earthshot Prize.